1. For a natural look your foundation must match your skin tone. Test foundations along your jawline or on your hands. Don’t go for a color that you think matches your skin without testing it as you’re most likely to get it wrong and once the product has been used you won’t be able to return it.You will know your foundation color match whe it will disappear into your skin, leaving no visible marks of color contrast.
2. Spread foundation on your hands and pat it on your face, then smooth out with a sponge making sure not to pull or stretch the skin. Be extra careful in the area around your eyes where the skin is super thin. Don’t forget to apply foundation on your eyelids and lips.
3. To make foundation last, apply moisturizer first giving the foundation a base. Dry skin will soak up the foundation if not given that base. For oily skin use an oil-free moisturizer and powder foundation
4. On hot days foundation can be difficult to keep looking fresh. Set your foundation in the morning using a loose powder and puff, then do regular touch ups throughout the day.
5. To cover imperfections apply foundation first and then go back and dot on a concealer that neutralizes red. For noticeable imperfections like very dark circles and birthmarks use a yellow concealer. Don’t use too much powder in problem areas because it will draw attention to it.
6. To avoid a foundation line around the jaw apply foundation as usual then use a little moisturizer in your hand and blend it down your neck.
7. For evening mix some shimmer powder with your powder and put it where you want to attract light such as the bridge of the nose, underneath the brow bone, the temples, cheekbone, chin and shoulders.
8. Always use a foundation with a sunscreen of at least 15 SPF protection to prevent future sun damage.
9. Change your foundation shade if the color of your skin changes.
10. After you apply foundation make sure to check if the look is natural by going near a window with natural light. Natural light is the ultimate test.