We all need a quick and super-easy go-to hairstyle for busy days, or when you only have 15 minutes to get ready before heading out the door! Here’s a simple updo hairstyle that you can easily recreate in just 5 minutes. All you need is an elastic, several bobby pins and a teasing brush.
If complicated, time-consuming hairstyles aren’t your thing, this is the look for you if you’re looking for a fab hair idea, that only takes 5 minutes to style. This updo works on all hair textures, however, if you’re going for a more polished look, work on straightened tresses as it will add to the glam factor. Now, if your hair is fine, it’s best to work in a bit of texturizer or dry shampoo prior to styling to prevent the hair from coming undone and get more grip and volume.
Find out how to style this easy, elegant updo hairstyle with the following steps!
Easy Updo Hairstyle Steps
1. Start with straight hair and divide into two, leaving twice as much hair on the bottom than the crown.
2. Twist and clip the top section, then pull the bottom into a low ponytail.
3. Make a gap at the base of the ponytail with your fingers right above the elastic, then flip your ponytail into the gap and pull through.
4. Tease the ponytail with a comb to give it volume and texture for the base of the updo.
5. Roll the ponytail up and secure with several bobby pins at the nape of the neck.
6. Go back to the crown section and divide into two. Place the left section over the right one and twist them around themselves.
7. Secure the twisted strands above the bun using bobby pins and conceal ends by tucking them under.
Easy Updo Hairstyle Finished Look
Hair by Laura Popovici for BecomeGorgeous.com