A single serving of alcohol, 1 fl oz or 30 g, can contain anywhere from 40 to 100 calories, but with the right low calorie cocktail recipes, you can get the delicious taste without worrying about the calories too much.
Whether you’re going for a low-cal alcoholic beverage, like Skinny Girl Vodka, or you simply want the best low calorie summer cocktail recipes, here are some of the best cocktail ideas.
Skinny Girl Sea Breeze – 102 calories
Bethenny Frankel’s line of SkinnyGirl alcoholic beverages is a top choice when it comes to low calorie cocktails. With vodka, cranberry juice and grapefruit juice, you’re not only getting a delicious cocktail, you’re also enjoying the calorie-burning power of grapefruit. For this light cocktail, you’ll need:
– 1 3/4 ounces Skinny Girl Bare Naked Vodka – 3 ounces cranberry juice – 1 ounce grapefruit juice – 1 grapefruit slice for garnish
Pour the vodka in an ice-filled glass, followed by the cranberry juice. Stir before adding the grapefruit juice and slice.
Pina Colada Cooler – 165 calories
If you like pina colada, you’re going to love this low calorie cocktail recipe. Rum may not be the lowest calorie alcohol drink, but you can’t make a delicious pina colada without it. The light version of this cocktail can cut over 450 calories from the classic cocktail. It’s one of the best low calorie summer cocktail recipes, refreshing and delicious.
– 1 1/2 ounces coconut-flavored rum– 3 ounces pineapple juice– 4 ounces sparkling water– 1 tablespoon of Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut Lite
Pour over ice and stir.
When it comes to low calorie cocktails, recipes often include plenty of ice, since it helps make drinks refreshing without adding too many extra calories.
– 1 1/2 ounces vodka – 8 ounces Minute Maid Light Raspberry Passion – 4-5 ice cubes – 3-4 fresh raspberries for garnishing
Mix well in a blender and enjoy in a tall glass.
Skinny Iced Tea – 70 calories
One of the best low calorie vodka cocktail recipes, the skinny iced tea is the right choice if you love sweet tea, but are looking for a version that’s not full to the brim with calories. The vodka flavoring makes up for the unsweetened lemonade, combining into a delicious summer drink.
– 1 shot Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka – sugar-free lemonade – lemon wedge
Start by filling a glass with ice, pour the vodka, followed by the lemonade and garnish with the lemon wedge.
Agave nectar is the best choice when it comes to sweet low calorie cocktail recipes. Combine it with vodka and you’ll get a tasty treat. You can also cut down on calories by replacing the vodka with a low-calorie soda for a delicious non-alcoholic version.
– 1 3/4 ounces citrus vodka – 3/4 ounce light agave nectar – 3/4 ounce lemon juice – 2 strawberries -1 spring of mint
Start by muddling the strawberries and mint, fill with ices, pour the rest of the ingredients and shake for at least 20 seconds.
Bombay Magic – 109 calories
One of the best low calorie cocktail recipes, this delicious cocktail can be made with either tequila or vodka. Freshly squeezed lemon juice and a touch of mint feel so refreshing that this is easily one of the lightest low calorie summer cocktail recipes.
– lemon juice from half a lemon – half a shot glass of Cointreau – 1/4 shot glass vodka (or tequila) – club soda – mint leaf for garnishing
Pour, stir and top with the club soda.
One of the best low calorie summer cocktail recipes mixes diet 7-Up with vodka for a refreshing fizzy drink. Whether you’re using Skinny Girl vodka or another brand that you love, you can drink a couple of Slim Screwdrivers without worrying about calories.
– 1 shot of vodka – 1 shot of orange juice – diet 7-Up – slice of orange (for garnish)
Pour the vodka and orange juice in a glass filled with ice, top with the diet soda and garnish with the orange. Enjoy one of the best low calorie vodka cocktail recipes.