Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email [email protected] to your contact list.
Published on: 25 Oct 2019 by ontor
Skating is an enjoyable activity when you've all that you need. Many people tend to believe that only experts are supposed to skate; that's all but a lie. Summer seasons are always perfect to skate especially when you are with your friends. It's a perfect time to have fun. Do you want to try it out? You will enjoy it, but first, there are several things that you will need to consider.
Just like you can enjoy cycling, skating can be more entertaining and refreshing, especially when your skating shoes are in good condition and when you carry everything that is required to sustain you during the activity. Everyone can enjoy skating, including beginners. Try it out, and you will enjoy every moment
Things You Should Never Forget To Carry
• Skate bag - this will enable you to keep all your luggage. It should be sizable and comfortable.
• Water - just in case you get dehydrated.
• A mobile phone - for communication when you get in any danger.
• Whistle blow - to alert others when you're hurt or any other danger
• Street hockey stick - to assist you to keep balance.
• Any form for your identities such as school ID or a national ID.
• A mouthguard to protect your mouth in case of a crash and protect your teeth too.
• Warm-up jacket – that will be helpful during cold hours that's is when you start and finish the skating session.
• Soakers - it is made of terrycloth blade. It protects the blade and gear. Ensure that your soakers are clean and dry to avoid rust and damage.
• Wax – for smooth skating rub wax on skaters tires to reduce friction hence increase movement.
• Snack - carry a snack you'll eat when you get hungry, especially if you ride hard. A snack will save your life.
Wear inline skating gear to ensure your safety
all the time. This gear includes; helmet wrist guard, knee pads, and elbow
pads. All this will help to prevent scrapes and will also cushion one's bones
in case of falling.
Wear light gloves - will help to keep your
Comfortable skates – be good ankle support to
give you the good support that you need. Even if you get cheap
inline skates, they should be of good material and snug on foot. It
should fit your size. Have a break pad at the back to enable landing.
Skate on a dry concrete area. Wet areas can get
slippery and cause you to fall.
Skate on a flat surface and pay attention to
the surrounding during the game for curbs, rough pavements, potholes, and grass
patches, for they can cause you to fall.
Ensure you keep left and warn if you are
passing. Since the road has other users like; pedestrians, drivers, bicyclists
and other skaters.
Skate on a speed that is controllable so that
you don't panic.
Put protective that fit well. Such as; helmet,
wrist guards, elbow pads, padded jacket, and knee pads as well.
Skateboard should have wide wheels and
shortboards for easy balancing.
Wear sturdy shoes when riding a skateboard.
Wear closed-toe shoes and should also be
slip-resistant shoes for you to skateboard well.
Don't skateboard in traffic. Instead, it's
advisable to use a skate park. Use unused parking lots of empty open places.
But note that you should not go and skate on a skate park when you are still a
learner you should be at least experienced.
Never should you hold on a moving vehicle when
board skating. You can get an accident that can even lead to death.
Only one person should ride on a skateboard and
not two or more.
Your skateboard should be safe. It should not
be loose, broken, or have cracked parts. Wheels are strong and well inclined.
If they have any problem, they should be repaired by a professional.
Don't skateboard at night. You might easily get
into an accident.
Don't use headphones when board skating since
you need to be alert and hear from your surroundings.
Moving parts of your skateboard should be repaired
regularly to ensure they remain safe and in good condition. You have to ensure
that your skate shell and buckles are effective. This means in case of damage,
get a professional to fix them.