Are you sure?
Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Forgot your password?
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
By registering, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
We will not sell, rent or give your email to anyone so don't worry about spam.
Rank: #1 -
Rank: #2 -
Rank: #3 -
Rank: #4 -
Rank: #5 -
07 Jan 2013
I am 23 years old, and still need a bit of fashion advice. I've always gone shopping with my mum , and sometimes borrow things from her wardrobe, which tends to give me a bit of a mature (not always in a good way). What advice can I get in order to get my own personal style and to recognise clothes for being age appropriate?
Posted on 07 Jan 2013
Well over the last few years, it seems like there's more and more in common about clothes for different generations. (look at how some really young girls dress to look like celebs and stuff). But I understand where you're coming from--you don't want to look like your mom's twin. So here's a few ideas:
* Hemlines - You don't have to wear ultra-short skirts or anything, but while you still can do it, why not show off a little leg (either bare or with tights). I mean you'll soon be at a point where mini-skirts aren't appropriate. So wear a few now. (Stacey London of "What not to Wear" says "No miniskirts after 35" xD). If you can still wear juniors sizes, you'll find more age-appropriate clothes there.
* Jeans - Unless you mom has a fabulous figure, she's probably wearing moms' jeans which won't look good on you. You can still wear skinnies or attractive boot-cut jeans. So buy your own and never borrow moms.
* Colors - Everybody likes different colors, but I think younger people look better in vibrant colors. For warmer weather, you can also handle richer pastels. Find out what colors are "in" for the season, and if they look good on you, buy one piece and try them out. Check out this link for more info:
* Prints and patterns - There are certain prints and patterns that scream "too old." Stick to simpler prints, although there's nothing wrong with a floral print skirt with a simple plain top.
* Shoes and accessories - If you're tall, you can look awesome in young looking ballet flats. You don't need really high heels to look gorgeous. Buy some young-looking purses in denim and straw looks in nice colors. You can wear tights in colors that your mom shouldn't. So, do it.
Hope these ideas help get you started.
Posted on 05 Apr 2013
You can mix and match your outfits. You can actually wear clothes in different ways. All you have to do is to use your imagination. Make sure that you are properly taking care of your skin too. Your skin can be your best accessory.
acne doctor nyc - http://www.clearclinic.com
Posted on 15 Jan 2013
Thanks a lot for your advice. :) It is really helpful :-)
Posted on 16 Jan 2013
You're welcome Krista. Hope it helped. xo
Living your Life with s Sleep Disorder: understanding your Sleep
10 things you probably don’t know about the hair
copyright © 2013 becomegorgeous.com