Throughout history, humanity has always tried to predict weather, wars, and even a future baby’s gender. Well, the good news is that contemporary medicine allows us to predict or influence it more and more accurately. Find out if it's possible to identify your baby's gender and if so, how?

It is estimated that around 70% of future parents truly want to know their baby’s sex before he or she is born. Of course, the rest of 30% don’t want it.

When, how and why should parents identify the baby’s gender?
Well, in most cases of diseases that run in the family and that perhaps affect a particular sex, parents might be worried that their future child is suffering from that disease. In this special case, an examination feels almost necessary.

Also, in happier cases, parent simply want to know their baby’s gender in advance only to be fully prepared for what’s next: wardrobe, a name, the nursery.

Many parents-to-be express their pros and cons regarding this issue. Are we supposed to find out before the child’s arrival? Yes, if you are sure that it’s perfect either way (because ultrasound determinations aren't 100% accurate, there is a 1-5% chance that you will be told your baby is a boy when it's a girl, or vice versa).

Baby Monitoring

Yes, if you’re living the miracle without worrying about nursery colors. Each couple has its own decision to make about this. How can we tell if it’s a boy or a girl? Ultrasound is the most common and non-invasive procedure that helps us regarding this issue. One can tell a child’s sex after the 12th week of pregnancy, and after this period, the results are 99% accurate.

Be aware, if the doctor recommends amniocentesis, he might do it in case of illness, disease or fetal abnormality. This is not the recommended procedure for finding out what’s your baby gender, but if it’s done, you might just find out anyway.