Dandruff is a problem most of us have to deal with. The flakes make the hair look unappealing and dirty. Find out how to get rid of dandruff effectively.
Dandruff is a scalp problem that most of us are familiar with. It usually causes embarrassment because it looks unappealing and makes the hair look dirty. The truth is that dandruff isn't actually such a disgusting thing as it seems because dandruff is actually nothing else but skin flakes.
It doesn't look good and it might even make your head itch so this is why you need to get rid of it. There are two types of dandruff, oily dandruff and dry dandruff.
The oily dandruff usually sticks to the hair and scalp, and the dry dandruff which doesn't stick to the hair is caused by a dry scalp.
When the scalp gets dry and itchy, and you scratch the scalp the flakes come loose.
There are several things that can cause dandruff like:
- poor nutrition
- cosmetic products that are not suitable for your scalp
- abuse of hair products
Since dandruff makes the hair look unappealing and dirty looking it is best to take measurements to get rid of it.
How to get rid of dandruff:
- use anti dandruff shampoos, because they contain special ingredients to treat this particular problem - if one shampoo isn't working try a different brand.
- healthy eating will help the skin as well as your body to get all the vitamins and nutrients it needs to keep the skin, hair and scalp healthy.
- make sure you are drinking plenty of water so your body is always hydrated.
- scalp massages can help get rid of dandruff because it stimulates blood circulation. If the blood circulation is good, all the nutrients can reach the scalp, thus getting rid of dandruff.