Fishtail braids have been among the hottest hair trends for the last few seasons and could be seen at numerous fashion shows and red carpet events.
The effect fishtail braids give is quite complex and recreating them might seem intimidating, but at a closer look the fishtail braiding technique is one of the easiest to do.
Use your creativity to accent your everyday hairstyles with fishtail braids. Add them to updos, half up styles or pull-backs for modern, unique hairdos or save yourself from bad hair days by taming frizz and static hair the most stylish way possible.
If you still haven't gotten the hang of it, now's the time to learn how to fishtail braid! Follow this fishtail braid tutorial to create your own fishtail braids.
Fishtail Braid Tutorial
1. Brush out any knots in your hair and divide into two equal sections.
2. Take a thin strand from the left and cross it to the right.
3. Repeat the same process on the right and continue until you reach the end of the hair.
4. Make sure to take thin sections and tighten the braid as you go to keep it from coming undone.
5. To give your fishtail braid more texture and thickness, hold it between your thumb and index finger and pull it loose.
Fishtail Braiding Photos
Finished Fishtail Braid
Hair by Laura Popovici for BecomeGorgeous.com
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more tutorials!