Tattoos are very popular among celebrities. Here are a few examples of female celebrity tattoos and their meanings - Angelina Jolie, Tila Tequila and Victoria Beckham's tattoos.
The days when tattooed women weren't a common sight is now over. More and more celebrities are expressing themselves through this body art. Check out Angelina Jolie, Tila Tequila and Victoria Beckham's tattoos and their meanings.
Angelina Jolie is known for her numerous tattoos:
- a lower case letter 'H' on the inside of her left wrist stands
for her brother James Haven.
- the letter 'M' on the right palm of her hand stands for her deceased mother Marcheline Bertrand.
- longitude and latitude coordinates on her left arm represent the locations of where she adopted and gave birth to her children Maddox, Zahara, Pax, Shiloh, Vivienne and Knox;
- a quote below her navel "quod me nutrit me destruit" which means "what nourishes me also destroys me".
- 'know your rights' is tattooed on the back of her neck between her shoulders
- an Arabic tattoo on her right forearm which stands for "strength of will".
- roman number 13 'XIII' on her left forearm.
- a titled Latin cross on the lower left part of her abdomen.
- an Asian tiger on her back, a dragon under the tiger, two tribal tattoos on the lower part of her back.
- a prayer of Buddhist Sanskrit symbols on her left shoulder.
- and on her left forearm she has written a Tennessee Williams quote "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages".
Tila Tequila has a few tattoos on her beautiful body.
- a heart that appears to be stitched to her left arm. The heart has written inside it in French "C'est la Vie!" which means "that's life!"
- another heart with wings carrying a musical note in the middle and two crossed guns under it is tattooed on her right arm.
- Chinese tattoo on the back of her neck
- a scorpion on her right shoulder.
- a Chinese symbol on her right inside wrist, a star on her left and right wrist.
Victoria Beckham's tattoos are not that numerous, she has only 4 (if you count the stars as being one tattoo), but tastefully chosen.
- she has a Hebrew tattoo on the back of her neck which says "I am my
beloveds and my beloved is mine".
- 5 stars that represent her family on her lower back.
- a tattoo in roman numbers that says MAY 08 1997 which represents the first time she got intimate with her husband David Beckham.
- the initials DB on her wrist which stand for the initials of her husband.
Tattoos are a very popular way of expressing yourself through a permanent drawing on the skin. The tattoos are made by tiny needles with ink that puncture the skin and inject the ink under the it. Getting a tattoo can take several hours depending on the size and complexity of the design. There's a wide range of designs and colors you can choose from depending on personal taste.