Are you sure?

Comfirm Cancel


Or Login using BecomeGorgeous


Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.

By registering, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
We will not sell, rent or give your email to anyone so don't worry about spam.

Password Recovery

You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email [email protected] to your contact list.

Thank you!





07 Jul 1985

  • 793 Rank

  • 49 Points


pearlypeacock asked:

18 Oct 2011

Thinking about therapy

Hi all, i suffer really bad emotional stress. The tiniest thing can set me off and i have a complete inability to cope in difficult situations. It really is putting a srain on me and has started to affect my physical and mental health. I tried hypnotherapy but the person i saw just sat me down and talked to me which didnt help. I am now considering hypnosis (im really desperate to get my life back). Has anybody had this treatment and did it work for you? Thanks xx



jackie_walsh says:

Posted on 18 Oct 2011

hypnosis is only one technique for helpibng with emotional problems. It might work, but so might just talking to a counselor who might be able to find why you're so tense. Are u having school problems? I would recommend you talk to ur parents first and then look for a good clinical psychologist who might use a variety of tecniques 2 make u feel beet. Good luck hun.


liannelovesmakeup says:

Posted on 19 Oct 2011

Hi, I'm a Psychology student, and I've learned about the various types of therapy and mental health professionals. I've also been in therapy myself. Counselling psychologists help people when they're going through a rough time, and they're great listeners. Clinical psychologists can diagnose disorders and do intensive therapy like Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy, which works great for anxiety and depression. You learn better coping skills and you learn a lot about yourself. Psychiatrists can also diagnose disorders and give you medications to help with depression and anxiety, and the medications are quite effective, especially when combined with Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy.
Psychiatrists are often covered by health insurance or government health coverage, and they can have a really good mental health team made up of nurses, occupational therapists, psychologists, etc. They have all kinds of services and help available. Psychologists are more expensive, and so are specialists like hypnotherapists and other counsellors.

One way to figure out who to turn to for therapy is by going to a medical doctor first, and telling them about the trouble you're having, and any symptoms you're experiencing. Tell them you'd like a referral to some mental health services, and they'll be able to set it up for you. :)

Login To Answer