Find out the main beauty and health benefits of olive oil contains that contains a lot of vitamins, iron and unsaturated acids. Because of it's high content of unsaturated fatty acids it is very beneficial for various health problems.
It is a natural oil obtained by pressing olive fruits.
Olive oil has been used in the food industry as well as in the cosmetic industry and has been very appreciated for it's healthy benefits.
Because of it's high content of unsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants it is very beneficial for numerous health problems like:
- Heart disease: studies have shown that the consumption of about
2 tablespoons of olive oil a day for one week lowers the
cholesterol level and increases the antioxidant levels in the
- Colon cancer: studies conducted have shown that rats fed with
olive oil diet supplements had lower rates (almost as low as the
ones given fish oil) of colon cancer development than the rats fed
with safflower supplements. Oleic acid and vitamin E which are both
found in olive oil protect the organism against cancer.
- Ulcer and Gastritis: olive oil forms a thin coating that
protects the surface of the digestive tube, fighting against
gastritis and ulcer. One tablespoon of extra virgin daily can help
protect the stomach.
- Constipation: olive oil is a mild laxative that does not
irritate the intestines. One or two tablespoon a day mixed with
lemon juice or coffee can prevent constipation.
- Gallstones: if the stones are little and they can be eliminated without them causing any blockage olive oil combined with lemon juice can help with the elimination.
Here are the cosmetic advantages of olive oil:
- olive oil can delay the aging process due to the high level of antioxidant content
- olive oil cleans, regenerates, softens and hydrates the skin
- it can help the skin regain elasticity
- it can help reduce hair loss. Olive oil is rubbed on the roots and left for the night. Wash in the morning and repeat for 10 days
Extra Virgin: which is considered to be the best one because it is obtained from the first pressing, it is the least processed and the closer on to it's natural state
Virgin: it is obtained from the second pressing
Pure: it is processed and refined
Extra Light: it is processed until only a mild flavor of olives remains
If you are looking to buy olive oil then you will want to buy the one with the highest qualities and that is the EXTRA VIRGIN olive oil, because the least processed the closer it is to it's natural state.