Certain chemicals used in skin care products are known for their negative effects this is why it is important to know what type of chemicals to avoid. Here are some chemicals that might be harmful for your skin
When it comes to your skin it is always good to know what
products you are using and what kind of chemicals they contain.
Certain chemicals used in skin care products are known for their
negative effects, so knowing what type of chemicals to avoid is a
Your skin and your health are two of the most important things.
Some cosmetic products claim that they contain natural herbal extracts but if you check the label, you might be surprised of what you might find.
Here are a few examples of harmful chemicals used in skin care products:
- Mineral oil, paraffin wax, paraffin oil are petroleum derived
products which clog pores and can cause skin problems and acne.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate can become carcinogen if combined with
other types of chemicals
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is used for foam car washes, engine degreasers and other type of cleaners that foam. It is also used in shampoos because it is less expensive than Sodiun Lauryl Sulfate but more harmful as well. It can create certain skin damage.
- Talc powder has been associated with the increase of ovarian
cancer if used too often for the genital area.
- Toluene is a toxic chemical compound which can irritate the
- Sodium Hydroxide is very toxic and can irritate the skin, in
high dosage it can even cause burns and scaring.
- Rancid oils used in skin care products oxidize relatively
quickly and they can cause skin damage and
premature skin aging.
- Propylene or Butylene Glycol can cause weak cellular structure,
irritations and dermatitis.
- Lanolin can be harmful if the sheep's wool from which the
lanolin is extracted was contaminated with any type of
a word that can describe a few thousands of ingredients which can
be toxic. It can produce rashes, irritations and skin
- Isothiazolinone can cause burns and contact dermatitis for some people who are susceptible to dermatitis.
So look at the labels before you purchase any cosmetic products, to protect your skin from any type of skin problems that might be due to your skin care products.