When you're not wearing silver or gold jewelry your skin starts to itch and irritate? These are common symptoms of jewelry allergy. In order to prevent this reaction to nickel-based accessories it is essential to know some basic preventions. Learn more about the best tricks to save your skin from damages and unpleasant reactions.

We love our precious accessories even if sometimes they seem to do more damage to our skin than favor. However it seems that there are remedies to reduce the chance for any irritation if we manage to treat our jewelry properly.

The reaction of the skin to a metal earring or bracelet joined by itching and rashes is called Contact dermatitis. This can also lead to swallowing as well as dry and extremely sensitive complexion. Moreover in several cases apparently pure silver and gold pieces can also trigger this skin problem due to the increased nickel content, the main culprit for all these unpleasant reactions.

The first step in finding a solution for your nickel intolerance is to recognize that you have an actual skin allergy. This is done by carefully observing the symptoms. More and more people face similar problems due to the frequent contact with metal jewelry.

When the reaction is triggered, you'll notice a minimal redness and possibly itching. If you don't remove it from the affected skin area it might aggravate until it result in swelling and extreme discomfort. These are the basic preventions you can take to avoid the jewelry allergy symptoms.

The best way to identify your skin allergy is to wear these pieces repeatedly, however don't exaggerate until you'll observe the same reactions in a row.

Then, you'll be able to denote that you have a nickel intolerance. This can occur in either a few minutes after the contact or hours, even days.

Clean skin can be less sensitive to nickel jewelry than one that is either dirty or tortured with other chemical-based products.

The best way before you put on your jewelry to cleanse the area with a cosmetic cleanser in order ti eliminate all the harmful agents that could trigger an unfortunate reaction.

This way you'll be even able to minimize the chance for allergy more if you seem to still experience it the effect won't be so painful.

Wearing metal rings can be also dangerous when prone to allergy. Due to a simple hand washing the accessory can retain the soapy water which will also enter in contact with the nickel producing the damage. Instead make sure you cleanse the skin and dry the ring before you put it on. Makeup powder can be also applied to your fingers this way creating a protective shield between the skin and the substances.

Sweating is one of the most dangerous factors that can contribute to the formation of an allergy. Especially throughout the hot season it is highly recommended to avoid wearing your jewelry for long hours especially when exposed to maximum heat.

The process looks the following way, when the glands eliminate the secretion, the fluid gets into quick contact with the nickel which is prone to dissolving. The result will be nickel salt, this is in fact what triggers the allergy. Leave your jewelry at home if you're heading for an exam or a speech.

The best way to totally avoid this risk is wearing jewelry that are nickel-free or have a minimum amount of this ingredient. Stainless steel and 18k gold jewelry are the perfect options when you are prone to struggle with nickel intolerance. Make sure you take the preventive actions before you still decide to wear normal and nickel-filled accessories.