Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email email@example.com to your contact list.
Published on: 26 Jun 2009 by undeadxprincess
So here it is, 7 steps to great scene hair. :]
1. In the shower: After you put conditioner in your hair, rinse it at the coldest temperature you can stand. It helps if you flip your hair upside down. This locks in the moisture in your hair so that it doesn't get super frizzy or anything, it will also help when you go to tease.
2. Blow drying your hair: After you get out of the shower, blow dry your hair [[because obviously you can't do this style wet lol]]. First blow dry it on a warm setting getting most all of it dry. Then blow dry it upside down on a cool setting. This once more, helps lock in the moisture in your hair and adds a little bit of volume.
3. Straightening your hair: Straighten all of your hair till its nice and straight. Don't forget to use a heat protector :] Then comb it out till its nice and smooth. Then blow dry it once more, carefully, on a cool setting. You never want to tease your hair while its warm because when your hair is warm your hair is more likely to break, and your hair will be damaged after all the teasing. So make sure your hair is nice a cool!
4. Your supplies: You will need a teasing brush or comb. And hair spray. I suggest using DesignLine [[which you can find in your local beauty salon...or you can find it online.]]. I personally use DesignLine and I give it five stars...its super great. But of course if you can't find that hairspray Big Sexy Hair is good and so is Got2bglued. Or just use any hairspray you can find that doesn't contain a lot of water. Stay away from rave hairspray, herbal essence hairspray and tresemme hairspray because they leave your hair very sticky after using as much as you will need to achieve this hairstyle. Oh and just thought I'd let you know, just stay away from all herbal essence hair products because there are so many chemicals in it that in the end it will just ruin your hair [[told this by several hairdressers]].
5. Teasing your hair: Teasing your hair is simple...but it takes some practice. Once you get the hang of it, it'll be like second nature to you. First, part your hair. Just take a chunk of hair and put it off to the side. [[I usually take my fringe and go straight back, almost like i'm going to put it half up half down except it starts at like the middle of my eyebrow and goes back]]. Then take your hair spray and lightly spray the area you are about to tease. Next take a small chunk [[like 1-2 inches [[2-4 cm]] and comb it out smooth and straight [[don't do it if it has tangles in it because this will damage your hair]] then underneath [[or on top, it doesn't really matter because this section will be covered by the hair that is clipped away but if you go on the bottom you'll get more volume]] near the roots, backcomb your hair. Which means all your doing is combing in the opposite direction in which the hair grows. Do this a few times till it gets as high as you want. If you want it to stick straight out then tease starting at the roots all the way to the end of that section of hair. Then hairspray that piece with your handy dandy hairspray. Then tease a tiny bit once more. Do this all the way around. Then, let down that chunk of hair we just clipped up, its going to cover up your teasing area but don't freak cuz we're not done yet. And if your worried about that hair flattening your hair that you just teased relax, if you put the right amount of hair spray you will be just fine. Okay now, take a section of the hair you just let down, and tease it. Do that to all of the hair you just let down. Now, I bet your hair looks like crap :] lol. Well if it does than you have accomplished our mission, if it doesn't you may need to tease some more. Moving on. Now that your hair looks like crap, GENTLY comb the top of it till it looks about right. DO NOT COMB IT COMPLETELY STRAIGHT!!! When it looks about right, hair spray it once more to finish the look, well almost finish it anyways :]
6. Finishing the look: Now that your hair is nice and uber big and purdyful, you need to accesorize :] Put in a headband or a cute bow or just clip your fringe or whatever you want to decorate your hair with! [[sometimes I take my shutter shades and put them in as a headband type of thing, its uber radtastic :D But if you already have to wear glasses you'll have to take yours out cuz then you'll just look dumb with 2 pairs of glasses on lolz]] You can also put in your clip in extensions at this time. Now your hair is totally pimpin and ready for the public eye :]
7. After care: Now we are back in the shower lolz. Your hair is going to be super tangly at the end of the day, no doubt about it. But save yourself the time and pain and just don't comb it out. Jump in the shower and wash it with shampoo and conditioner. After you put in the conditioner the tangles just fall out on their own. It's almost like magic :] If it still feels tangly to you repeat the washing process. Then after you get out of the shower comb it nice and smooth. I would recomend using a leave in conditioner to keep your hair nice and smooth and healthy looking. And also, it's not good to tease your hair all the time! On the weekend, try not to do your hair! Leave it alone and just wash it and brush it.