Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
Published on: 12 Oct 2017 by tmmartin
Starting a tutoring course is a good opportunity to get extra income or to overcome a period of unemployment. This can work very well if the teaching is part-time or full-time. Of course, for the success of this course, there are a series of steps, because it is already a business, however small and personal, so it must be meticulous in its implementation. Who knows that of its success we can open a new job niche in our professional life? Well, get to work and pay attention to these steps:
1. Choose a topic to dictate: ask yourself what topic are you qualified to teach? First, check your professional specialty and some course of interest. In general, school reinforcement courses are a good start, especially in mathematics. Also the extracurricular activities, like the instruction of some special software or musical instrument.
2. Monitor potential clients: With what type of client would you like to work? Consider your skills, maybe you would like to teach schoolchildren, college students, professionals or classes for adult audiences. The options are varied. You should also think about the geographical distance of your students and whether they will come to your home or you will travel to your home to dictate the classes. The latter is the most usual, `what you should calculate the distances and if you see the benefit in time and money.
3. Implement marketing techniques: like any business, it is necessary to promote it. So think about how to get this student. For example, you can:
- Leave the leaflets with index cards in the homes of the neighborhood.
- Register with an online tutoring service.
- Put leaflets around the community.
- Advertise in community publications.
- Send a letter and business cards to guidance counselors at local schools.
4. Calculate the hourly rate: Course prices are usually set per hour. So implement a reasonable price especially if you are starting. Make it according to your ability as a professional as well as to the average of the possibility of your clients. Be very careful with the special discounts, because if the students know you will start to ask the same treatment.
5. To fix place and dates: We already mentioned above that usually these courses are done at home, because the one that looks for the advantage of a tutor is the student. Over time, if your services become required, you may be able to accommodate your classes in your own home. This will give you more time, even to have more students. As for the dates, it adjusts schedules where it will hardly be interrupted by other activities.
If you think this process is complicated for you, then you can submit your details in a freelancer platform for tutoring, and wait for a response.