Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
Published on: 27 Jan 2011 by spiridon
Sometimes it's hard to remember who you are and what your real opinions in certain topics are when around people that you feel you need to get along with. But dont worry, you are normal. I promise you. I find myself falling into this trap quite often; and I'm sure just as many of you people reading this does the same. However, recently in particular, I have made a vow to myself that I will be me, even if does mean making a few enemies along the way and disappointing some people; after all it is better to be happy as you than sad as someone you are not.
I often smile when I dont want to, and force out a laugh when really I just want to tell everyone to leave me alone, all for their sake. I pretend to agree just to avoid comfrontation and often end up wishing I hadnt said I like a band I hate or hate a movie I love. But I have found a few tips to remind me of who I am; me, the real me, and nothing but the real me. So I'm sharing them with you.
1) Honesty: Everone will tell you that honesty is the best policy, and 9 times out of 10 they are spot on. Speak the truth, even at a risk of someone not feeling brilliant at it. but still be gentle. If a friend asks you for your opinion on her outfit that is one step away from being hideous, tell her politely that it's not your thing, but if she likes it...Go on her!
2) Music: The types of music that we like tends to a very personal thing, when others like rock others will like Jazz, it's just the way it is. But as well as expressing the type of music that you like, I find it's also very important to have those songs that are "your songs". You all know what I'm on about: Those songs that when you hear your heart begins to pound because they just scream out "YOU!" and you find your self miming the lyrics into your hairbrush and making up you "very sexy, badass, dancemoves" in front of the mirror. (Don't worry, even I do that) These songs are important; it is amazing how a song can truely remind you of who you are, and may even help you later on.
3) Smiles: We all have those memories, those photos, those little tokens that we have kept because they remind us of that amazing, wonderful, blissful time. You should keep them, just like the music it is good to be reminded of those times that you were truely happy. Those memories hold a little bit of you; and that little bit of you in those memories can be used to guide yourself back to who you are.
4) Accessories: whether it be clothes, shoes, jewelry, makeup etc, Those things that you see in that shop, or online that make you go "AHHH! I.NEED.THAT.NOW!" They are all signals to your brain going "now you see- the real me would love to buy that..." dont feel you have to follow the trend, sure if the trend at the moment happens to be what you like to wear then you are in luck, but if not dont sweat it. fashions come and go, and come again, and then go, and then come back one more time just when you thought that you had finally escaped those shoulder pads that make you look like something out of Star Wars.You will always get people judging you. whether they be the people turning their nose at you in disgust or dropping their jaw in awe at you in your sexy figure hugging dress that makes every guy in the room turn and stare at you. The point is, as long as you are happy in what you are wearing, it does not matter. After all, even though it is important to express yourself, its still important to be the lovely you inside as well.
5) Love: Yes, yes, I know this may sound cheesey, but love really is the best way to remind yourself of who you are. You have to love the real you, but dont get too big headed about it. Loving you will give you more determination not to let the real you die inside the media influenced body that you drag yourself around in. learn to love you, every, single, part. From your little toe, to the freakles on your nose, to your damned hair that no matter how much you try to straighten there is always one bit that always insists on curling.From you love handles to your tired eyes, from your stumpy legs to your goreous smile. No one is perfect, but you can still be happy with what you've got.
And... although this may kill me to say it, if you have someone else, whether it be man or woman, to love you too, just as you love them, then there is just one more reason on top of so many more, not just the ones i have mentioned to love your self, to love you, and to find and damn well keep the real you.
I hope i have helped,