Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
Published on: 15 Feb 2009 by randi23
ok if there is one thing I know about it, it is sunless tanning. Ever since I was advised to stay out of the sun and the tanning beds I had to find another way to stay tan. Don't get me wrong if you look good pale embrace that, because it is a flawless look, but unfortunatly I am one that looks horrible pale..So if you are like me and you want some advice on sunless tanner here are few that I have tried also my guide to getting the most out of a sunless tan.
Neutragena Sunless Tanning Products: Good way to get a quick tan..but it left my legs pretty orange and streaky. It also sweats off.
Loreal Sublime Bronze: These are really good products especially the lotions. Everyone kept asking me how I got so tan. The only downfall is it made my skin pretty sticky and greasy and it takes awhile to dry. Its also pretty hard to scrub off when it come time to exfoliate. High maintenance but good stuff.
Salon Bronze Spray Tan: i actually love this stuff..it gives you a quick tan and gives your face a beautiful glow...its an at home kit and it is fairly cheap. It is pretty harsh on the skin and lungs though..and it also contains an ingredient known to the state of california to cause cancer. You also have to make sure your skin isnt too dry because it will get splotcy and flake off long before it should.
Mystic tan: I wasn't that impressed with Mystic Tan. The only way I achieved the tan I wanted was to get double sprayed and that can get kind of expensive. It also fades very quickly especially after showers.
Tomas Sunless tanning lotion: This is my favorite of all sunless tanning products. Its ingredients are fairly mild, it doesnt stain, & it lasts for about 7 days sometimes longer. It has a color guide that ensures you get a streak free result. It looks very natural and it is pretty good on your skin and mosturizing.
Jergens Natural Glow: This is good product it just takes awhile for the tan to develop. I recommend using this as a mosturizer to maintain a tan or a sunless tan.
* These are just some of the products I have tried that I felt were worth mentioning. I have had some pretty orange experiences with others!! But remember different sunless tanners work different with different people's skin..so you will probably have to experiment. If you are super pale i would try tomas sunless tanning first. My stepsister is very fair skinned and it is the only thing that hasnt left her orange.
Steps to Sunless Tanning:
1. The most important thing when it comes to sunless tanning. You must exfoliate first. A very grainy exfoliater is the best. So many people skip this step and end up splotchy all over. You have to remove the dead skin cells because the tanner will stick more to the dead skin and it ends up making you look uneven..I mix sugar with milk and make thick paste. I exfoliate my whole body using a circular motion making sure to get my elbows, face and knees extra well. Rinse well otherwise the sugar leaves you sticky...i then wash with a mild soap.
2. Make sure you are completley dry. Apply a mosturizer to your eyebrow, elbows, and knees. This way the tanner doesnt build up in these areas.
3. Apply the sunless tanner: I would apply a thin layer first let it dry and then apply some more. This way you don't over due it.
4. Let it dry completley before you get dressed.
5. It might take several days of applying the tanner to achieve the tan you want. You only need to exfoliate once a week..make sure you get all of the old tan off before starting a new tan. Make sure you mosturize often this will help maintain your tan and keep your skin hydrated.
6. Make sure you wash your hands immediatley after using sunless tanner. Scrub and scrub and get between your fingers and your fingernails so that you dont end up with weird tan marks on the palms of your hands. I think its best to use gloves when applying tanner!
Hope this helps anyone wanting to sunless tan!!
*Helpful hint: You will know when it is time to exfoliate your old tan off and start a new one..your tan will start fading in areas and it will make you start to look splotchy.