Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email [email protected] to your contact list.
Published on: 07 Feb 2019 by packers
Picking the right jewelry is just as important as any other part of your outfit. Jewelry is the best accessory that you can pair with an outfit, and it can either make or break your total look. With the right jewelry, you can go from casual to elegant formal. Jewelry should always be a staple in every woman's wardrobe, and making an informed decision on how to mix and match will give you an excellent overall look.
Here are tips on how to pick jewelry for an outfit:
1. Liven up a neutral outfit with colorful jewelry - If you’re the type to fill your closet with neutral-colored clothing, the best way for you to brighten it up is to wear colorful jewelry, like those from Muru’s Jewellery. Your jewelry can be your statement piece that can pop out any boring outfits. Colorful jewelry will make your otherwise monochromatic wardrobe more versatile and exciting. Neutral-colored clothing usually means any of the following:
Nudes / Earth Tones
2. Always match your jewelry with the occasion-There’s always a time and place for everything, and the same holds with jewelry. When choosing what piece to wear for the day, keep in mind what occasion you’re wearing it for. For example, you can’t wear to church the jewelry that you’ll wear on a night out; it’ll look inappropriate.
Here are some tips to follow when choosing outfits based on the occasion:
Keep your jewelry to a minimum if you’re wearing a bedazzled or patterned gown or dress to an evening event.
A formal watch for men always adds class to office or formal attire.
If you’re going to work, avoid wearing any big bangles or bracelets that can make writing or typing difficult.
Reserve your chunky jewelry for plain dresses that need a statement piece.
3. For earrings, make it highlight the best assets of your face-
When choosing what earrings to wear, take into consideration the shape
of your face and your hairstyle. Your earrings should always highlight the best assets of your face.
Here's a quick cheat sheet to follow:
Reserve your statement and chunky earrings for when your hair is tied up; if you keep your hair down and untied, keep your earrings simple and small.
Drop-down earrings look best for women with heart-shaped faces, while women with defined cheekbones or oval-shaped faces look best with stud earrings.
Your earrings should also match the color of your makeup, like gold earrings for metallic and earthy tone makeup while silver earrings for smokey black eyes.
4. Don't go overboard; learn to have proportions-
If you want to wear multiple jewelry pieces, focus only on one statement piece. Avoid from going overboard and having big pieces all over. For example, if you want to wear earrings, a necklace and a bracelet, choose only one piece to go big.
If your necklace is big and chunky, keep your bracelet and earrings to a minimum. Doing this will avoid your look from going too busy and all over the place. Your overall look will also look cheap and tacky if you have too much going on.
5. Remember to think of your skin tone, too
When choosing clothing pieces you always have in mind what matches your skin tone. You should also do the same practice when looking for what jewelry to wear. Your jewelry must always complement the color of your skin tone, and even your hair, so that it doesn't clash.
Here's a quick guide for you to follow:
Golden jewelry and gems along the yellow, green and orange hues also go best for dark-colored hair and warmer skin tones
Silver jewelry and gemstones with reds, blues and violets work well for cooler skin tones and light-colored hair.
6. Choose the pieces that make you happy-Marie Kondo is famous for her line that promotes choosing pieces that spark joy; you should do the same for your jewelry as well. When you’re unsure with what to wear or purchase, or if you have many options laid out in front of you, choose the piece that brings you so much joy and happiness.
If you’re looking at a piece of jewelry and you feel that it’s speaking to you, or you’re so drawn to it, then you’ll most likely feel more confident and beautiful wearing that piece. Plus, you’ll have higher chances of wearing it more often! Remember, accessories should be worn to make you feel happy, beautiful, and confident.
Jewelry doesn’t necessarily have to be expensive for you to look and feel good in them. These guidelines will help make your overall outfit look like a million dollars, even if you bought your pieces from a bazaar or a huge street sale! The best thing that jewelry should do to you is that it should give you the boost of confidence that you feel you need, and no matter what you're wearing, put some sense of pride in your choices and your clothing.