Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
Published on: 17 Jan 2012 by mimi_anetionete
Hi guys!! So I've noticed questions on the site asking about how to lose weight quickly, safely and soundly. There is a way, but you must dedicate yourself to it, it takes discipline and endurance, but once you get used to the routine it gives you the confidence you deserve, the health you need, and the weight you don't need is forever gone. Scared yet??? lol don't be!! Here is my own personal work-out routine, it keeps me in great physical condition.
First things first -- if you smoke, Quit. Lot's of people think smoking is what keeps you thin, that's a total myth, it actually makes you GAIN WEIGHT. So quit, and to replace the cravings, use these moves. I quit smoking with this routine, haven't looked back since!
Unplug / Turn off your phones, computers, etc., turn on some music to set the mood. I like Megadeth :3 it makes me power through it. Also make sure it's set at a time of day where you won't be interrupted, I usually do mine super early in the morning. Your whole routine should take about 45 mins - 1 hour, that's how long mine usually is.
Start by stretching. Ensure that your hamstring muscles are finely stretched by crouching on one knee, spreading the other leg back behind you, and flexing, to stretch these muscles behind your knee. Repeat four sets for each leg. You should be holding that tense position for 10 seconds each.
After your legs, stretch your hips by crossing your legs straight Buddha style, and leaning forward. This will stretch your lower back and hips. This may be uncomfortable at first but it's Excellent for your circulatory system and helps back problems and stomach aches.
Next your arms. Stand up, spread your legs apart shoulder-width, and leaning over to the right, put your arm above your head and stretch it with your movements. Repeat 6 times with each arm, moving to the left for your right arm, vice versa, etc.
That's usually all the stretching I do. You may do more if you please. It should take 10-15 minutes to complete this.
Now that your all nice and limber, the hard part begins.
1. Military crunches. Lay on your back, with it completely straight, and if you need too, get someone to hold your feet down. Bend your knees, cross your arms over your chest in an X position, and using your ABDOMINALS(!!) lean forward into your knees. This can be hard to get the hang of at first since you may use your upper back muscles but you must train to use your abdomen. Repeat a set of 20.
(A tip that helps is breath out as you go up, breath in as you go down. This trains your abs to do it as oxygen is passing through them at the correct rhythmn).
2. After resting for a few minutes from the crunches, you have the option of lifting weights of push-ups. I use push-ups. I'm sure everyone knows how to do them, but make sure your back is straight as a board, and if you must use your knees for support instead of your feet. Do a set of 25.
3. Good old jumping jacks!!! :3 This under rated move is actually one of the most phsyically challenging work outs. Do a set of 100 and you will break a sweat easily!!
4. Burpies. Everyone remembers those from high school! Stand with your feet shoulder length apart, crouch quickly, jump into a hand-and-knee position, then leap back onto your feet quickly. Do a set of 30.
5. THE HARDEST ONE. Believe me, this one if very hard. This works your upper legs and rear, and trust me I have a pretty nice ass from doing these LOL. Stand up, wrap your hands around your ankles, and, um, trust your butt into the air slowly at first, then bring it back down to a crouching position, keep your hands where they are. Repeat. do this 20 times.
Half an hour or so of your routine is done. If it's nice out, get on those running shoes and quickly jog around the block. Just do ten minutes of running, or run in place, or skip rope. This is to get your cardio going.
After 15 minutes, walk around for 5 minutes to slowly bring your heart rate back to normal. Repeat stretches I first described earlier.
That's it!! Do this work out for 2 weeks straight, every day, and I garuntee you, you will lose 10-15 pounds. BUT, you must keep doing this to keep the weight off. That is how you lose weight and not gain it back. Soon I will post a blog on an appropriate diet.
More Tips : Join a sports team, yoga class, volunteer outside. I coach kindergarten hockey on the weekends (cutest thing ever!!), and I try to skate at my city rink at least 3 times a week. Skating is a lot of fun and a great way to keep in shape. I also like gymnastics, another great thing to get into.
Good luck guys, if anyone takes the challenge, I will do a personal video make over for YOU!!