Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
Published on: 27 Jul 2009 by little_miss_sunshine
We all get frizzy hair, especially in the summer... here is a way to banish that annoying frizz:
1. Choose a shampoo and conditioner for your hair type with smoothing ingrediants in it such as silicones. Wash your hair and then put conditioner in for 5 mins... be careful with your hair to help it grow and be healthy (see how to naturally make your hair grow longer for ideas). Once your out of the shower pat your hair dry - definitly don't rub.
2. Rub some anti-frizz cream between your hands and rake your finger through your hair, concentrating on the outer layer of your hair. If your hair is particulary damaged then spray on some heat protectant.
3. If you are wearing your hair straight, then blow dry it using the hair dryer's nozzle attachment and a big round brush. The technique is up to you, as long as you aim the air down the hair shaft and keep at it until hair is completely dry.
4. Or, if you are wearing your hair curly, dry from underneath, using a diffuser attachment on the blow-dryer; cup the ends of your hair with your hand and gently lift them up a few inches as you go to help keep curls intact.
5. For straight hair, spritz shine spray into one palm and rub your hands together, then smooth lightly over hair. Do the same for curly hair, using an anti-frizz styling cream; be sure to just skim palms over the surface to avoid flattening.
6. Once a week, apply a deep-conditioning treatment with keratin to damp, just-shampooed hair. Leave it on for ten minutes. The conditioners seal the cuticle to keep out moisture, while the keratin strengthens it to resist damage.
What to look for in products
Look for shampoo and conditioner with silicones
Water-based products tame frizz well on straight hair
For curly hair, choose anti-frizz creams rather than serums or sprays.
Use a weekly treatment with keratin