Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email email@example.com to your contact list.
Published on: 21 Apr 2017 by kelly45
Some morally righteous individuals would shamelessly argue that putting attention on one’s skin is plain vanity. At a time when society is more inclusive and diverse though, the consciousness towards skin care is more understanding. More people now understand, even without experiencing acne issues themselves, that acne and other skin imperfections can steal away a person’s confidence and self-esteem.
Skin Talk Skin Deep
Skin problems tend to be bigger and deeper than merely concerning physical appearance. Katy Perry could relate when she shared that, “Bad skin really made me want to hide. I’d wear makeup to bed or stay in if I had a bad breakout.” Acne is one of the most problematic skincare issues anybody can encounter simply because acne can be hard to manage, caused by several factors, takes time to heal, and leaves behind dark acne scars.
Here are your top tips on how to get rid of acne and acne scars so that you can start over with flawless and glowing skin:
1. Treat your acne.
Acne comes in several forms of blemishes on your skin. You have to determine the course of treatment that complements your specific acne problem. Cystic acne, arguably the most severe form of acne, may require prescription only pills or retinoids. Mild to moderate acne can easily be treated with over-the-counter acne creams and ointments. Here are some of the best topical medications that your should be getting hold of right now:
• Benzoyl peroxide. The fastest, most inexpensive OTC acne treatment that you can give to your skin. This solution is often infused in anti-acne products but, it is best to get it in its stand-alone, cream or ointment form. It works two ways. First, it dries up acne-infested skin. Second, it rids your skin of acne-causing bacteria by sloughing off dried up skin.
• Antibiotics. These treatment course goes straight to the bacteria that causes you acne problems. Commonly, clindamycin and erythromycin are used. The first kills the bacteria while the other inhibits bacterial growth. Some treatments like Epiduo combine clindamycin with benzoyl peroxide, while Ziana adds another ingredient, tretinoin, to the concoction.
• Birth control pills. When your acne is primarily caused by hormonal imbalance, you may be prescribed to take birth control pills. This course of treatment normalizes your hormones which, in turn, regulate your skin’s oil production.
• Treat acne scars. Check out Plexaderm reviews and other skin brighteners to help you lighten acne scars.
2. Go in for an anti-acne procedure
Chemical peels, microdermabrasion, and laser therapy all commit to deliver real and lasting benefits to your acne-challenged skin. The most notable addition, however, is a combination of blue light and red light therapy. First, blue light is used to rid your skin of acne-causing bacteria. Second, red light is used to calm irritated and inflamed skin.
3. Re-evaluate your skincare routine
You may be surprised to find out that the very products formulated to protect and heal your skin may be giving you bad skin. Take a closer look at your product labels. Where you see drying alcohols, synthetic dyes, fragrance ingredients, sulfates, and petrochemicals in the formula, look for a better replacement.
Here is how your skin care routine should look like:
Step 1: Cleanse with a soap-free cleanser that contains salicylic acid.
Step 2: Tone with an alcohol-free toner.
Step 3: Apply your acne treatment solutions, ointments, and creams.
Step 4: Moisturize with a water-based serum or lotion.
Step 5: Make exfoliation a weekly addition to your skin care routine.
4. Free yourself from chronic stress
Stress is good if it stretches your limits over a defined, short period of time. When stress knows no limitations, it becomes unhealthy for your body, including your skin. Chronic stress makes your hormones go ballistic, when that happens, you can be certain that a breakout follows suit.
Stop thinking that “me” time is a waste of time. Your mind, body and spirit need to be on periodic breaks to recharge. You can plan your course of action better when you are well-rested
5. Take control of your health. Acne is a sign of imbalance you must not ignore. Eat more fresh food, workout regularly, and sleep well.
Wonderfully healthy and flawless skin is only a breath away. What you need is a systemic approach to ridding your skin of acne.