Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email [email protected] to your contact list.
Published on: 03 Dec 2011 by jazzy17
Bored of the same old , ponytail or bun? and want to do something intresting why not do a fishtail braid it's really easy when you get the hang of it. This suits girls who have shoulder length to long hair.
What you will need:
. Leave in conditioner , water or hairspray
. Brush / comb
. Two hair ties ( for ponytail version)
There are two versions of the fishtail braid the ponytail version and the braid version.
The ponytail version is perhaps the easiest way to start of this braid.
1. Comb your hair so its is free of tangles , if you have wavy or curly hair you can spritz your hair with a bit of water to make it damp so it has better grip or if you have fine hair you can spray a bit of hairspray to help,
2. Place your hair into a ponytail .
3. Divide your hair into two equal sections then take a skinny piece of hair outside from the right section and cross it over then with the left hand side take a skinny section of hair from the outside and crossit over the right and hold the hair tightly.
4. Repeat the following actions as said above untill you reach to the ends once your run out of hair tie off the braid the hair elastic and then your done.
The braid version is a little bit tricky as you're working with more hair .
1. Comb your hair as usual to get rid of all the tangles and snarls, as said in the ponytail version dampen your hair with water or leave in conditioner or mist with hair spray if you have fine hair.
2. Split your hair into two equal sections but this time do it as if your were going to make pigtails.
3. Take a skinny piece of hair from the outside right section and cross it over then take a skinny outisde section from the left and cross it over . Make sure you have a firm grip on your hair when doing this .
4. Repeat step 3 the skinnier the sections of hair the more intricate it the braid will look also you can braid loosely or tightly as you want.
5. When you reach to the ends tie off the braid with a hair elastic this is optional if your the type of person who likes to have some volume in your hair you tug on the braid gently to make it look thicker and fuller.
If you don't get this right on your first go don't give up , I learnt how to do this braid by doing it on a long ahired doll or you can do it on a friend fo practise befredoing it on your own. Goodluck :)