Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email [email protected] to your contact list.
Published on: 10 Apr 2012 by isy
I recently started breaking out and I was really upset because my skin has been looking very healthy and clear for the last few months or so.
Due to the breakouts I decided to switch up my skincare routine and add products that will heal my skin. If you have relatively good skin my previous skincare routine post would be ideal for you. I love the products in that routine but for now I need something a bit more powerful.
I really believe that using the least amount of products on your skin is better when trying to heal the skin. I do mention a lot of products in this post but I do not use them all at the same time so I am not overloading my skin with products, which can cause even more breakouts.
All the products mentioned in my post are available at the drugstore and is inexpensive (the only High end/expensive product is the mask)
Whether you have amazing skin or not, hygiene is crucial!! Touching your skin constantly is a big NO NO. Other tips:
· Try to wear your bangs/fringe back and not on your face.
· Clean your cellphone daily!! This is really important. Our phones are a breeding ground for bacteria. Use a disinfectant wipe designed for computers and phones.
· I ALWAYS use a hand sanitizer before washing my face and before applying make- up. The So Pure hand sanitizer is 100% organic and eliminates ALL possible viruses, bacteria, etc.
1. Start off with warm water and gently wash your face. Do not apply any pressure with your fingers.
2. Apply a small amount of cleanser to your hands (Clean and Clear shine control daily facial wash)
3. Work the product into lather in your hands first and then pat the product onto your face.
4. DO NOT MASSAGE /RUB the cleanser but rather glide your fingers along your face. This is clean the skin without irritating it.
5. Use warm water and rinse
6. Pat dry
At night our skin needs a deeper cleanse than in the morning in order to get rid of all the make-up ,sweat and build up of the day.
1. Apply a generous amount of baby oil, coconut oil or olive oil to the skin and massage it into the skin to remove any make up. These products can be used around the eye area and works well at removing all traces of eye make-up.
2. Rinse the face with warm water
3. At night I prefer using a cleanser with Salicylic Acid to improve the condition of my skin and to get rid of any blemishes and scars. If you do not have any active breakouts try a milder cleanser. I use the Garnier Pure Active Exfo-Brusher Wash. The exfoliating brush is amazing on my skin because it is gentle and really cleanses my skin. If you do not have a cleanser with a brush you could use an exfoliating pad with your normal wash and gently massage the skin for about 30seconds.
4. Pat Dry
I do not tone in the morning only at night. I use a mixture of Witch Hazel and Rose water. This is great because it calms my skin and does not contain any chemicals.
SERUM AND TREATMENT:
After toning comes moisturizer normally. But it is better to apply any treatment or serum before. Most serums and treatment creams have a thinner consistency than moisturizer therefore they seep into the skin faster. If you were to apply these products last they would take forever to penetrate the skin.
I use the PONDS Flawless Radiance anti-spot Intensive Even tone serum and the Yardley Oatmeal eye fix it soothing gel. Always remember to pat these products into the skin instead of rubbing.
Yardley Oatmeal eye fix it soothing gel and the OXY acne lotion 10 only onto areas where there are active breakouts (this product will cause dryness so be careful not to use too much)
I use plain Aqueous cream with a drop of grapeseed oil if my skin feels dry (see my previous post for more info on grapeseed oil)
And ALWAYS USE A SPF!!!!
I use the PONDS perfect colour complex beauty cream (anti-marks). You want a product with ALPHA HYDROXY ACID because this is what helps fade marks and treat blemishes.
Also I massage grapeseed oil onto my face and neck for about 5 minutes.
I use the Dr HAUSCKA Soothing mask every 4 days. The reason I use a soothing mask rather than a treatment mask is because I feel that the products I use treat my skin well enough but they are harsh on my skin and can cause dryness which leads to redness and dullness. The soothing mask treats those problems, leaving me with a radiant finished look
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions leave them below.
Remember being healthy is hot