Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email [email protected] to your contact list.
Published on: 06 Mar 2011 by isy
Come Monday I enter into assessment weekL . Assessment week is actually two weeks long and it’s our first assessment week of the academic year. I am writing 4 papers next week and the last paper the following week!
My university load is really hectic this year so doing really well during assessment week really helps ease the burden when it comes to my exams in May. I just wanted to share my tips and suggestions and see if anyone has any other ideas to help.
I am a dietetics student so obviously I will start with diet first.
· I always eat a Carb and protein rich FULL breakfast. (I usually never eat breakfast but here I make an exception.)This would usually be oats with an almond smoothie or boiled eggs with toast.
· I drink A LOT of water!!! I usually add lemon, mint leaves and ice to my water.
· As for supplements: Essential fatty acids, ‘Chill Food’ and ‘Mood Food’ by Patrick Holford and I would also recommend a Vitamin B complex shot!
· Study snacks= Fruit and nuts
· COFFEE-----They say it’s bad but I Drink it like a mad womanJ let me know if you tried something else that is healthier.
Before I start studying a particular subject this is what I do:
· Make sure my notes are in chronological order and that I am not missing anything
· Make sure all the relevant chapters in the textbook are labelled ( I use those stick tabs)
· I usually search for lectures from other universities or institutions on YOUTUBE or GOOGLE (Flow charts ,summaries ,etc)
· I find past question papers from the students before me ( I recommend getting at least the previous 5 years papers)
· Make sure that I have all my study supplies (paper, pens, highlighters, etc)
· I try not to study at home or at the campus library. The reason being DISTRACTIONS! I mentioned that I download videos from YouTube and watch them on my laptop. I also store some additional slides on my laptop and if I study at campus or at home
I tend to surf the net. So I study at my grans place because she has no wireless connection.
· I read through my notes and highlight the most important aspects.
· Then I summarize EVERYTHING using words,pictures,associations,etc
· For each theme we do we get a list of outcomes from our lecturers. So I will make sure that I have a written copy of these outcomes and the answers
· After I study the notes and summaries I watch the videos (YouTube, or some textbooks come with CDs, lecturers also sometimes give out videos)and make notes.
· Lastly I go over the past papers.
THEN I PRAY AND HOPE FOR THE BEST
LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY MORE TIPS OR COMMENTS