Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email email@example.com to your contact list.
Published on: 07 Sep 2011 by isy
I recently re discovered an old time Favourite: Velcro Rollers!!!!
Due to my heat addiction I decided to take small steps in reducing the amount of heat I apply to my hair, but I still wanted my hair to look good.
These are the steps I followed to achieve this look. (Note That I am using the rollers to created volume rather than curl and that my hair has a slight wave to it)
What you will need:
· A hair straighter or curler
· Bobby pins
· Velcro rollers
What to do
· Start off with DRY hair. I usually do not blow-dry my hair, but rather allow it to air-dry (just to avoid excess damage)
· Comb through the length of your hair with a wide tooth comb and ensure your hair is knot free (I use the VO5 detangle spray)
· Once the hair is prepped I section my hair off. (I do not apply any hairspray but if your hair does not keep styles in well, I would suggest a one LIGHT spray)
· I start at the crown of my head and work down. Use sections the same width as the roller (the bigger the roller the looser the curl).
· Run each section through your heating tool (either a straighter or a curler) I use my GHD instead of a tongs because I am aiming for Volume not curls, but if you want a sexy, just got out of bed look, a curling tongs would be a better option.
· The reason I use heat is to save time and to get a better end product. The heat ensures that your hair moulds perfectly around the roller and it speeds up the time it takes to get the end result.
· I roll each section at the back of my head TOWARDS my head. This is how the volume is created.
· The hair framing my face is rolled AWAY from my face. Secure each roller to your head, using bobby pins
· Once all the rollers are in place I use hairspray all over my head.
· Now ChillJ. For about 1 hour
· Remove the rollers and style hair using ONLY your fingers!!!!
To view the product I used and see pics click hereà http://www.becomegorgeous.com/user/isy-photos/album-kicking_it_old_school_velcro_rollers-105000.html