Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email email@example.com to your contact list.
Published on: 08 Feb 2012 by isy
Katy Perry, Zoey Deschanel, Rachel Bilson, the Victoria secret angels and most of the celebs has 1 thing in common: Great hair.
And by great hair I mean, glossy, healthy, strong and vibrant. I have a hair fetish and I often admire women with great hair.
My hair may not be as amazing as these ladies but I have found a true gem of a recipe to aid my quest for that perfect mane.
The recipe is very simple and effective. Ideally this mask should be used 1 per week and should be used in conjunction with a good hair care regime (which includes regular trims sadly)
What you need:
2 tbl coconut oil
2tbl olive oil
*The quantities can be adjusted to the length and thickness of your hair as long as the ratio stays the same. These are the amounts I use for medium length hair)
What to do:
· Place a towel big enough to cover you head in a sink or bowel filled with boiling water
· In the microwave or on the stove, heat the olive oil and coconut oil. Do NOT BOIL, just warm up the product (30 secs in the microwave)
· Remove the oil from heat and crack open the egg into the oil mixture and whisk well. The mixture should be homogenous and well mixed.
· Place a towel or old tee over your shoulders to prevent any mess.
· Apply the mask generously into your DRY hair. Make sure that all your hair is evenly coated with the mask.
· Once the mask has been applied, cover your hair with plastic wrap (this will not only prevent messing but will also trap heat and help the mask work better)
· Take the towel you placed in water and ring out all the water, so that you are left with a very warm and damp towel and turn in turban style over the plastic wrap.
· Allow the mask to do its magic for about 1hour
· Wash hair with shampoo using COLD water (it is very important that the water is cold. Warm water WILL NOT remove the mask effectively)
· Then shampoo and condition your hair as normal
Your hair will be shinier, stronger, and healthier and it will also grow faster if you use this mask weekly.
I have seen amazing results ever since I added this to my hair care regime.
If you have any tips, comments or question please let me know