Or Login using BecomeGorgeous
Please fill the form below and follow the further instructions.
You are about to receive a email from us please make sure to check your spam or junk folder and add our email firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list.
Published on: 06 Dec 2008 by angitia41
For the Cake:
• Preheat the oven to 375°F.
• Grease an 8-inch round cake pan and line with parchment paper. Lightly dust with flour.
• Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
• Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour in the vanilla extract, cider vinegar, and vegetable oil. Gradually add the water and stir just until smooth.
• Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
• Cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove and cool on a wire rack. Cut into 3 layers.
For the Fillings:
• In a medium saucepan, mix the reserved cherry juice with the arrowroot powder. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened. Stir in the cherries and set aside.
• In another saucepan, gradually add the soy milk to the cornmeal and combine, using a wire whisk. Stir in the vanilla. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from the heat and cool.
• Cream the Earth Balance and gradually combine with the cooled cornmeal mixture until smooth and creamy. To reach the desired consistency, add the soy milk to thin.
• Soak the bottom cake layer in the cherry brandy, then top with the cherry filling, spreading evenly.
• Top with the middle cake layer.
• Spread half of the Earth Balance- and-cornmeal filling on the middle cake layer. Top with the remaining cake layer.
• Spread the remaining filling over the entire cake.
• Garnish with the vegan chocolate shavings and the maraschino cherries.
Makes 10 servings